CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a New Day (and all in 28 seconds)


I started watching the inaugural coverage this morning at the gym while on the elliptical, watched as I got ready, then got to school and immediately looked for a live feed to stream it from and really couldn't stop watching. My kids and I worked on a math lesson and then watched for a while before PE. Right before the swearing in we all packed into our school cafeteria to watch history in the making. It was awesome to watch my kids (most of them) listen attentively to Mr. President's speech, they clapped and cheered just like we were part of the 1.9 million people that trekked out to Washington to see it live. What a historic and exciting day. As I begin to tell my kids why this was such an important day, one of them interrupts and says "I know, I know, we are part of history, we are seeing something in our lifetime that others haven't." "That's exactly right," I replied. As tried to think about where I had left off I realized he had summed it up perfectly for us. :)

0 comments: