CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today my Dad turned 52 and our new nephew Ethan Michael was welcomed into the world. Happy Birthday! As I talked to my dad this afternoon he said he had a great day. Since he's on vacation from work he was able to sleep in, spend time with my grandma and family and of course his favorite BBQ with a nice cold drink in his hand. During my jog this afternoon he was on my mind a lot. Some of my favorite memories of him are watching him come home from a long day at work, quickly change into his shorts (which I think now were WAY TOO SHORT) and tennis shoes and take off down the road for his nightly run. I always wanted to go with him and he would try to explain to me I couldn't keep up and he would be right back. I told him about this during our conversation and he had the cutest reponse, "Jen, that way a long time ago. I'm sure I'd be the one who couldn't keep up now." So sweet. :)

0 comments: