CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Not a Fan of Inclines

Ever since the Edinburg 10k a few weeks ago I've been toying with the idea of attempting a half marathon. I've looked into a couple but still haven't decided whether or not I'm ready. Regardless though I do have a 10k planned in Austin at the end of March. To prepare I'm following a plan that was in the latest issue of Fitness magazine. Today's workout called for 4 miles with HILLS. Uh hills, here in the Valley? Where do you find those? Luckily they included instructions for how to do this on a treadmill: Four to eight uphill sprints: Run uphill (or at an incline) for two minutes as a 5k pace. I made my way dragged myself to the gym and got started. As long as the treadmill was flat we were great. Then I decided to attempt the first HILL. It was no fun and never were the other three. Lesson learned: The treadmill is only my friend when it's not at an incline.



0 comments: