CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

29 Days to Go

As a teacher this is the time of year I start counting down the days to summer vacation and considering a career change. We have one more TAKS test to administer next week which is science and to be honest I'm sick of reviewing, reviewing and reviewing. All week all we have done for more than half of our school day is SCIENCE. Yes, it interesting, yes it's fun but it gets to the point where it's just too much. What to do? What to do?
On a brighter note I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I'm running a 5k early Saturday morning and then heading over to Dodge Arena to see some of my girls dance and some of my boys play flag football. They have been practicing hard and are so excited to show off their skills! I'm sure they will do great. Even better is that when we get back to school on Monday that countdown I mentioned earlier will be at 27!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo

Oh... the perks of being a teacher... summers off... totally jealous!
Good luck on your 5k!! Sounds like an atheletic type of weekend!

Jen

I know exactly what you mean!! We are SOOOOO tired of reviewing!!

My students who are retaking the reading test next week are also DONE!!! One student told me today, he is TIRED of school and TIRED of READING!! I don't blame him!

I too am counting down the days! You must be getting out 2 days before me because as of tomorrow (Fri) we have 30 days and it can't come soon enough!

Good luck this weekend on your 5K!! I know you're going to do great!!