CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Although I'm excited that today was the first official day of Spring I have to admit I'm a little sad that it marks the end of my Spring Break.:( Come Monday it's back to the grind. I made it a point to wake up early this morning to try and get some exercise in. Charlie and I went for a walk at a nearby park and it was perfect because there weren't too many people out so we got to enjoy the sights and sounds of a beautiful spring morning. Although this aren't my pictures, they're great shots of what we saw this morning at the park:

After running a couple of errands Robert and I drove out to Mercedes to see my cousin show her steer at the livestock show. We were so proud of her and her 3rd place finish. She took it a little hard because she was aiming for one of the top two spots but we finally convinced her that for only being 11, she did an awesome job showing that 1,200 pound steer. After her competition we walked around and somehow managed to make it out without buying anything. Let me tell you it wasn't easy. I mean who doesn't need $40 massaging insoles, $3000 therapeutic mattresses or even a handmade wooden sign that says "any more than 2 brews and the shirts come off." What? Seriously?
Our evening was pretty quiet. Robert had a baseball game at his school so I stayed home, ordered in sushi, and finally put up those awesome frames I found at Target. They look great. Around 10:30 I got excited because I thought SNL was on. Only problem was I had the wrong day of the week!I'm really going to try and drag out the next two days as much as possible. Wonder if my students are planning the same thing.

0 comments: