CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Chewing Paper

Every day is a new experience with my fifth graders. Today on the way to Spanish somebody rushes up to me and says "Mrs. Lopez, so-and-so is chewing gum." I turn around and sure enough so-and-so is chewing something but she kindly takes it out and holds it out for me to show that it's not gum she's chewing, "it's only paper." Nicely I remind her there is no chewing gum or paper in class, we just don't do that. One student is quietly listening and comes up to me before entering the Spanish classroom and says "Uh by the way, you do know there are some people who put grass in paper and then smoke it, so technically some people do chew paper." Always an experience I tell you, always.

3 comments:

Stacy

Gotta love them when they make those comments!

Jen

Hi I am here from SITS! I too teach 5th grade and I have to say as the year progresses I am always surprised what comes out of their mouths! They always have a response for everything!!

Maverick Anthony

That is too funny! Bright kid!