CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

W.O.W 5K and Fun at the Carnival



Despite staying out a little late last night to celebrate my friend Mari's birthday downtown, I dragged myself out of bed this morning to run in UTPA's annual Working on Wellness 5k. The winds were horrible but the race itself went well. It's basically a run around and through the university. I finished under my goal time of 30 minutes with a time of 28:12. This afternoon we drove out to Hidalgo to go to Borderfest. I swear I felt like a little kid again. We had so much fun riding the carnival rides, loading up on funnel cakes, tacos and other stuff that's not so good for you and watching some fun entertainment. Best part was probably standing in the line to ride one of the rides and having a 12 year old ask me "Are you in line or just waiting for your kids?" What??????? "Yes I'm in line for the ride." I looked for her when we tried the bumper cars but she wasn't there. Oh well, took out my frustration on one of Robert's friends instead!

0 comments: